• Initiation of participatory research such as case studies on major issues and concerns, for advocacy and campaigns,
for developing alternative proposals and recommendations, and for publication.
• Undertaking of joint research projects with member-organizations,
NGOs, and advocates and friends in the academic community on: the impacts
of laws, policies and programs of the government; official development
aid projects and programs; political and economic concerns; and socio-cultural
issues and developments, among others.
• Organizing environmental investigatory missions, focusing on
destructive projects such as dams and mines.
• Holding of regular workshops and seminars on
and related issues to
formulate recommendations and plans of action for research and advocacy.
• Initiating studies and workshops on appropriate and sustainable
development programs to the needs of Cordillera indigenous peoples.